2018 State of the Group
Hawaii Web Group’s year in review – By Chris Norberg, Project Manager
Again, this has been a “step-back/assess/fix” year. Hawaii Web Group has been working to rebuild strong sites and eliminate/combine poorer-performing sites.
(Also see the State of the Group 2017 report)
Some of the highlights from 2018:
- 1,800,864 users – Hawaii Web Group websites increased in traffic by 6.78% compared to 2017 (eliminating all statistics from roadtohana.com which we no longer own). Since we’d focused on rebuilding again this last year, we expected a loss of traffic. Turns out things are going really well even with restructuring!
- 714,658 social followers – We had an increase of 12% in followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc… compared to 2017.
- 103,418,000 impressions with 2,654,200 engagements on social media. Impressions nearly doubled from last year.
- We’ve gained some great Maui dining social media, and we’ve built a few sites including HaleakalaCrater.com.
- Growing our newsletter subscriber list has been a priority. We have over 11,400 and are increasing at a rate of 200-500 every month.
What kind of traffic do our sites enjoy?
An overview of the past and present annual absolute unique visitors (now referred to as “users” by Google Analytics.)
Even with restructuring and rebuilding, we’ve managed to increase our traffic this year. 2019 will be a big year for us. We’ll continue to rebuild, but intentional growth is in the cards for a change.
Hawaii Social Media
Hawaii Web Group’s social media following and current reach.
We expect all of our social audiences and reach to grow significantly this year, with emphasis on Facebook and Instagram.
Hawaii Web Group websites’ audience by gender, age, location, device, and socially.
Obviously, mobile is a big deal now. We’re rebuilding all of our sites to make sure they offer the best mobile experience possible. Our audiences are a nice mix of local and visitors of Maui.
Hawaii Web Group will continue to build viral content and grow our social audiences.
We have a few sites we’ll probably build, but more websites will disappear than will be created. Time to roll up the sleeves and make a more solid group of web assets!
Give us a shout!